Position at a Glance:
Shepherd the Java developer community through channels with over 1.2 million followers across Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and newsletters. Guide Java content development for events worldwide. Join the Oracle Developer Marketing team and you’ll be working with teams across Oracle to foster and grow the Java community.
This role is tasked with:
* Driving Communications Across Java Channels: Start with your passions as a Java expert -- what do you want to know about? Collect hot topics, new announcements, interesting open source projects and breaking news from the development teams. Build and execute a calendar that ensures regular, compelling engagement across channels.
* Setting KPIs and Measuring What’s Working, What’s Not: Track community growth, engagement metrics, and actions taken. Identify best practices and implement globally.
* Guiding Event Agendas and Speaker Selection: Ensuring compelling content is featured in marquee “Oracle CodeOne” events worldwide as well as local event series / roadshows and tours.
* Contribute Content to Owned Properties: Produce content appropriate for Oracle developer websites.
* 7+ Years of Developer Community Experience: We don’t care what fancy school you went to or what degree is on your resume. Just show us how you totally get developer audiences, what they need, how to deliver value and how to engage them.
* 5+ Years in Java: Do we need to point out that as the Java community manager… you have to know this ecosystem and know the audience? You don’t have to be coding today but talking “developer” is absolutely necessary.
* Soft Leadership Skills: Demonstrated ability to drive execution across a large, diverse organization.
* An Analytical Mindset: Critical to selling success to executives at a company built on data and insights. Demonstrating constant, measurable improvements by adopting the new or tuning the old.
Bonus Points For:
* Credibility as a Java Thought-Leader: You’ll certainly be building your personal brand in this role – but are you entering as a credible influencer on day one?
* Combine Development Knowledge with Marketing Chops: We are tasked with marketing technology solutions to developers who loudly proclaim their distaste for marketing. You’ll need to define ways to bring value to audiences while achieving business goals.
* Living/Working in the San Francisco Bay Area: This role requires you to build strong relationships with key development and marketing leaders. Meeting in person makes relationship building much easier.