Job type: Full-time Role: Database Administrator Industry: Consumer Electronics Company size: 10k+ people Company type: Public
nosql, cassandra, linux
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming industry leading products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. You will work with significant and dynamic projects in support of Apple's Retail business and will deliver innovative solutions and software.
The worldwide (WW) Retail & Online Stores (R&OS) team is responsible for delivering the electronic commerce (eCommerce) systems and solutions that enable and support the Apple Online Store (AOS) - one of world’s largest online retail businesses, serving millions of customers around the globe.
The team is part of Apple’s Information & Systems (IS&T) division, and is based primarily in Sunnyvale, California with teams in Austin (TX), London, Singapore and Hyderabad India - working as a single global team.
Join Online Store team, within the Information Systems and Technology group, as a Database Engineer and be involved in challenging and fast paced projects supporting Apple's business by delivering Java based IS Systems.
You will be responsible to come up with efficient Design/Data Models for highly scalable systems, Development, Testing, Production, Go-Live till Warranty, Provide design/architecture guidance to development and cross functional teams as and when needed, perform technical reviews for cross functional application teams, provide technical leadership to the team, evaluate emerging technologies/solutions and develop working Proof of Concepts (POCs), automate database deployment process, provide leadership in building and implementing scalable/secure/robust and high availability solutions, work on migration to AWS platform, work closely with engineers, QA, project managers throughout the software lifecycle in successfully delivering best in class, large scale systems.
Apart of this, you would be involved in Automation and Database monitoring, Database Architecture and Operations, manage and support Oracle and noSQL databases in multiple non-prod and prod env (both on-premise data centers and cloud), work with extended teams (Vendor/Consultant teams) to supervise and provide technical leadership as part of day-to-day duties. The candidate is expected to be self-motivated, pro-active and solution-oriented individual.
Skills & requirements
- Experience in system architecture and system solutions to business requirement
- Strong database design/architecture experience, strong RDBMS concepts and working experience, data modeling, must have worked on generating Entity Relationship Diagrams and data flow diagrams
- Application development and design experience delivering java based real world client/server applications
- Strong knowledge and command on SQL, PL SQL, Performance Tuning — concepts and hands on experience
- NoSQL — Cassandra, Couchbase, mongoDB (Cassandra is a big plus)
- Good technical understanding of noSQL databases, architecture, clusters management, Query language, Understanding of Linux and role of Linux settings in noSQL database performance
- Experience and thorough understanding of Cloud based systems/database architecture & distributed databases over Cloud e.g. AWS Services (EC2, EBS, S3, SES, VPC, IAM etc) and databases e.g. RDS Aurora, DynamoDB
- Understanding and working knowledge of SOLR/elastic search — good to have
- Experience scaling the database layer using techniques like caching or sharding
- Experience in developing highly scalable, and high performance distributed systems - Must have experience with DB replication technologies e.g. Oracle Golden Gate/Active Data Guard (ADG)
- Hands-on experience with database modeling, performance analysis and tuning
- Experience with caching solutions
- Strong ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies in a short time
- Well verse with Productivity and Development tools - IDE (Eclipse, IntelliJ), Ansible, GIT etc
- Good oral/written communication skills
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field with 5+ years or MS degree with 3+ years experience, or equivalent
By clicking apply you will leave devsnap. Please be careful. You should never have to pay to apply.