Job type: Full-time
Role: Backend Developer
scrum, agile, soap
This Sr. Software Engineer reports to the Sr. Director of Applications Development and is a lead developer responsible for the development of new software products and enhancements to existing products. This individual should excel in working with high volume, low latency transactional J2EE applications and frameworks and have outstanding communication and leadership skills. This role acts as a lead software developer on an Agile Scrum team working with the development team members through all phases of the system development life cycle. The Sr. Software Engineer mentors and trains developers on new technology and software and enforces code quality of our code through code analysis, code reviews, unit and integration testing
• Develops and supports software including applications, database integration, interfaces, and new functionality enhancements.
• Troubleshoots and supports interface applications, configure production setup, interface setup and support implementations and installations for new and existing applications and systems.
• Actively participates in Agile Scrum teams and code reviews.
• Coordinates with Project Manager/Scrum Master to insure project meets established business objectives, complies with established functional documentation standards, and validates software releases for compliance with the functional specification/user stories.
• Ensures assigned project design and implementation user stories and tasks are consistent with established direction; identifies and communicates customer expectations
• Create and maintain design, development, and functional system documentation following established practices and policies.
Key Qualifications, Skills and Education
• Candidate must have 5+ years experience in J2EE software development; experience with Kafka and Cassandra is highly desirable
• Candidate must have advanced experience coding in C.
• 5+ years experience with databases (relational and/or NoSQL) including Informix with strong SQL skills; developing and supporting applications for Linux (RedHat) servers, developing distributed / multi-threaded applications and XML.
• 5+ years experience developing web service applications, user interfaces, and Glassfish application server container applications.
• Experience with unit testing (JUnit) required.
• Experience with production monitoring software such as App Dynamics, issue tracking software, Agile tools such as Atlassian Jira and Confluence, and Continuous Integration tools such as Bamboo and Crucible/Fisheye
• Experience in a high volume/low latency transaction environment
• Experience with LDAP is a plus.
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work individually or as a technical lead member of an Agile Scrum team.
• Self-motivated, self-starter, multi-tasker, and demonstrated team-player.
• Demonstrated leadership capability.
• Technologies: Apache Camel, SOAP WS, Java 1.7/8, Glassfish, DOM, OTA, JAX-RS, JSON, SOAP, JAX-RS, Scala, Informix, JMS, JAXB, Kafka
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field