Software Engineer - 47825
Technology and Engineering - India Chennai, Tamil Nadu
SOFTWARE ENGINEER - FULL STACK - CHENNAI
Think about the billions of purchases that consumers make every single day around the world. Imagine trying to
make sense of the trillions of data points that represent these purchases. From a family doing online shopping for
household essentials to a quick run to the supermarket, Nielsen is measuring the entire consumer path to
Nielsen is a multinational company working with the world’s largest brands across the world to inform them on
where and how their best customers are shopping. The challenge is that this is a moving target and a complex
problem. The commerce landscape is shifting today from brick and mortar to online shopping - and only Nielsen
has the span of data to make sense of what drives a consumer to make their purchases.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER - FULL STACK
So where do you fit here? In Nielsen Technology, we process over 250 terabytes of data every single day, manage it
in the latest cloud technology, and build best-in-class analytical tools to add transparency and efficiency to the
consumer goods market at a scale that no other company is able to achieve.
We’re looking for passionate, analytical, innovative Senior Engineers who want to figure out how to measure things
in a complex world. If you have a passion for building top-notch, scalable products and have full-stack experience,
we’re looking for you to join us in our Chennai Technology Hub!
What would you do:
● Write complex code to develop scalable, flexible and user-friendly applications across the full stack of technologies
● Develop secure and highly performant services and APIs
● Use distributed computing to validate and process large volumes of data to deliver insights
● Evaluate technologies we can leverage, including open-source frameworks, libraries, and tools
● Ensure the maintainability and quality of code
● Mentor other engineers on code development, providing technical leadership guidance as the SME
We are looking for people with:
● A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
● 2+ years of software development experience with 1+ years as a full stack developer
● Excellent knowledge of data structures, algorithms and designing for performance, scalability and availability
● Strong knowledge and experience with SQL or relational databases
● Strong experience in designing and building multithreaded distributed systems
● Experience in agile software development practices and devops.
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chennai,Tamil Nadu
Secondary Locations: , , ,