As a Solutions Engineer, you will partner with customers, Sales and severalother Oracle teams to at various levels to design highly scalable, flexible andresilient technology solutions focusing on Application and Service Integration.You will support sales teams to drive revenue growth across a broad set ofcustomers.
As a trusted customer advisor, the Solutions Engineer will help organizationsunderstand best practices around advanced On-Premise (OnP) and Cloud-basedsolutions, hybrid solutions, as well as how to migrate existing workloads tothe cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategyto build mindshare and broad use of Oracle solutions within small to mid- sizedcustomers.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in Oraclesoftware/technology sales or consulting. The ability to connect technology withmeasureable business value is critical to Solution Engineers. You will have ademonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, andtechnical challenges.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
·You will help our customers innovateand grow their business by starting or accelerating their digitaltransformation. You can contextualize Oracle solutions into customer’sindustry, in their business language.
·You enjoy working with SMBcustomers. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, andbuilding cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers.
·You live in the Information Society and leverage itsadvantages. You have tested many and live by at least some Digital Economyservices, e.g.: social networking, digital professional networking, e-hailing,e-shopping clubs, e-government services, etc. You have developed a healthyjudgement on what works, what is cool and what is not, by participating inshort- and long-lived trends. You can spot digital trends. You have a holisticview of Digital business models and how Technology has enabled them,understanding the links between the Information Society, the Oracle portfolioand strategy, and the customer’s ambitions or potential (incl. to disrupt or bedisrupted)
Roles and Responsibilities:
• In partnership with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy toexceed revenue objectives through the adoption of Oracle solutions. Morespecifically the Tech portfolio (for the Cloud part of it, please look at PaaSand IaaS services in cloud.oracle.com)
• As a key member of the businessdevelopment and sales team, ensure success in building and migratingapplications, software and services on the Oracle platform (OnP and Cloud)
• Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of Oracle, andparticipate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designedfor successful deployment in OnP and on the cloud
• Conduct one-to-one and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge tocustomers considering or already using Oracle solutions
• Share best-practice knowledgeamongst the Oracle community.
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams andsupport
• Position requires approximately 25% travel
• 5+ years of experience in consulting/ design/implementation with enterpriselevel integration technologies working across a hybrid model, e.g. EnterpriseService Bus, Service Oriented Architecture and Integration Platforms on Cloudwith a good understanding of Service and Data Integration needs.
• 5+ years of strong hands-on experience of applications and web-servicesdevelopment and deployment in any mainstream programming languages andframeworks, preferably Java.
• 3+ years relevant experience withmobile technologies for enterprises. An exposure to MBaaS is an addedadvantage.
• An exposure to API management,micro-services, and container based development will be an added advantage.
• Technical degree required;Computer Science background highly desired
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
• Familiarity with common enterprise services from Oracle competitors (i.e.,Microsoft, IBM, SAP, AWS, Google Cloud)
• Professional experience with architecting/operatingsolutions and frameworks (ITIL, TOGAF, etc.)
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives(up to C-level), IT Management, and developers.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as event presentationon-site and via remote digital technologies.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
• Fluency in English