What’s in it for you?
No need to choose between a consulting firm, a multinational or a startup environment, choose it all
You will work closely with the commercial, marketing, operations and content departments to develop AAA reporting, fine tune processes and tools used by the teams and work on ad hoc projects focused on hypergrowth. Your tasks will be to:
- Monitor and analyze sales and external market trends
- Implement the commercial strategy
- Develop price competitiveness analysis with clear actionables for the teams
- Build strong vendor relationships by leveraging information and defining opportunities
- Work on improving key operational processes.
Marketplace performance analyst
In this role, you will be in charge of analyzing Jumia's performance and building super impactful plans to build Africa's largest Market Place. Your role will be to:- Oversee and track performance of marketplace sellers across main KPIs- Track the implementation of new tools and processes - Interact with the top 5 Jumia countries to draw insights on seller preferences- Design new solutions to serve seller needs and help them grow their business.
Innovative sales channels development analystYou will work closely with Jumia’s offline sales department (JForce) as well as in collaboration with all local business units and offline sales teams across Africa, to support our growth. This model was awarded as one of the top innovative projects in 2017 by the MIT. Your role will be to: - Be the right hand to the department head in the country where you are based - Support the management and performance of the offline sales channel - Analyze sales trends to build a commercial plan and identify pockets of growth- Structure reportings to durably support the business line- Participate in company-wide performance reviews- Support Africa wide transformation of the department to multiply by 3 the turnover in 2019- Join a team spread across Africa and share top projects and learnings with other markets and a dedicated central team.
Local/Central commercial planner
The commercial planner plays a key and central role in delivering Jumia's business plan, taking ownership of four key areas within the business: profitability, inventory management, performance turnaround plans and commercial planning. You will translate your insights and analysis into actionable plans to deliver a world -class customer experience thanks to the right assortment, a perfect online ergonomics, the best prices and the most innovative marketing campaigns. You role will be to:
- Build analysis flying high and diving deep on insights and group strategy
- Produce daily performance insights
- Create daily/weekly/monthly performance steering plans
- Manage efficiently and proactive profitability
- Execute on commercial events.
The kind of person we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree and currently undertaking a master’s degree. Final year or previous internship experiences are preferred
- Leader and fast learner, enthusiastic about online business
- Highly analytical, comfortable with numbers
- Street smart, energetic and willing to take field work
- Agile and strong ability to deal with ambiguity in a multicultural context
- Proven project management skills
- Experience in Africa is an advantage
- Previous internship experience in consulting or investment banking is preferred.
What we offer
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment, growing at a very high rate
- A unique opportunity of discovering Africa and having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as out longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders.Link to this job Share this job Location
Commercial Planning & PerformanceJob Title
Business Developer - Jumia ( 6-12 months internship)