Location options: Visa sponsor
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level
Role: Database Administrator
Company size: 201–500 people
Company type: Private
amazon-web-services, database, postgresql, agile
The Database Administrator will be responsible for developing and maintaining a wide variety of database architectures across our business units. The person will develop and revise processes and procedures to optimize database infrastructure. This resource will play a key role on data security and analytics initiatives.
For more than 85 years, U.S. News & World Report has been the driving force behind decisions that largely define the quality of consumers’ lives. We measure progress across institutions, products & services and governments locally, nationally and globally.
Focusing on Education, Health, Money, Travel, Cars and Civic, U.S. News reaches more than 40 million people monthly during moments when they are most receptive to expert advice.
● Designing schema, access patterns, locking strategy, SQL development, and tuning for various Applications.
● Making changes, updates and modifications to database structure and data.
● Managing, monitoring and maintaining various databases
● Optimizing application and end-user queries.
● Improve efficiency of data ingestion pipelines
● Engineer reusable capabilities and pipelines for DML, DDL, maintenance, and ETL needs that can be shared across teams.
● Ensuring database security, integrity, stability and system availability
● Maintaining database backup and recovery infrastructure. Debug database performance issues.
● Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
● At least 3 years of database administration experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL or other relational databases.
● At least 2 years of experience developing, deploying, testing in AWS.
● 2+ years of experience with Agile development methodologies
We are offering a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes healthcare, dental, and a 401(k) plan.
1050 Thomas Jefferson Street Northwest Washington, US