Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Industry: Computer Software, Enterprise Software, OpenStack
Company size: 1k–5k people
Company type: Private
linux, nic, debugging, networking
SUSE Labs Developer for Networking in Kernel
SUSE, the largest Linux distro company in Euro.
SUSE owns the largest market share in China's enterprise Linux.
SUSE Labs is a global organization within SUSE’s R&D developing, maintaining and supporting core Linux technologies used by all of SUSE’s products. These include the Linux kernel, the GNU Toolchain, Samba, X.Org and many more.
SUSE Labs engineers work at the forefront of opensource technology development and at the same time build up knowledge that they can put to use when customer issues arise that are analyzed to be code issues by the Support organization.
We are currently seeking a Linux and Open Source developer to join our team.
The ideal candidate will have background in opensource, programmers experience with Linux kernel and must be good in NIC driver and Network
The job will allow for gaining skills and knowledge across the board of core Linux technologies and make use of that both in new code development and in support of critical situations are encountered by our customers.
* Maintain NIC (Network Interface Card) drivers in Linux kernel.
* Debugging NIC Network and Network stack in Linux kernel.
* Backporting patches from vanilla kernel to kernels of SUSE/openSUSE products.
* Maintain the R&D network environment in Taipei office.
* Co-work with world wide SUSE R&D experts.
* Design, development and maintenance of Linux Kernel and other core technologies
* Technical analysis of problems and errors in code
* Fixing code defects and publishing patches
* Participation in the global Linux development communities, professional organizations, and community conferences.
* Communication with R&D (English) and occasionally directly with customers (English, Mandarin)
Required skills, experience and characteristics:
* Fluency in Chinese (Mandarin)
* Proficiency in English, both spoken and written
* Very good knowledge of the Linux operating system
* Good knowledge of the NIC and networking
* Excellent knowledge of the C programming language
* Good knowledge of the assembler language
* Very good knowledge of Linux debugging tools and techniques (GDB, strace, crash, ...)
* Programmer's knowledge of Linux kernel internals
* Strong communication, analytical and organizational skills
* Ability and willingness to quickly learn new technologies and work independently
* Flexibility and ability to work under pressure
Desired skills and experience:
* Knowledge of one or more scripting languages (Perl, Python, Bash, ...)
* Knowledge of other programming languages (C++, Java, ...)
* Experience with active participation in open source projects
* Knowledge of RPM
* Proved ability to communicate directly with customers, on a technical level
* Increased willingness to travel
* The chance to work directly on software that powers the world’s largest organizations and is changing the world
* Direct contact with the world’s leading technical experts, both within SUSE and in the open source software communities
* A unique opportunity to become an expert in an area of your choice
* Access to new hardware architectures before they even reach the market
* Regular hackathons (Hack Weeks) and workshops at company, department, and team level
* Fun, creative, friendly and informal working environment where how you think is far more important than what you wear
* Possibilities to travel to conferences and other company sites around the world
* Contributions to pension plan or capital life insurance
* Weekly-based flexible working time
Taipei, Taiwan (R.O.C)