Location options: Paid relocation Job type: Full-time Role: Full Stack Developer Industry: eCommerce, Internet Marketing Company size: 10k+ people Company type: Public
We are one of the most-visited sites in Germany and are still growing at an amazing speed. On our platform we have around 30 million items for sale and with more than 30 million unique users per month we reach ~50% of the German internet population. Our customers use our platform mostly on their mobile devices creating ~40.000 requests per second on our backend systems at peak times. Our core tech-stack is based on Java/Spring and MySQL/Cassandra/ElasticSearch/Kafka. We aim for a high velocity on rollouts, which implies automation, early integration and continuous process improvement. Right now we are moving towards a decoupled and flexible architecture. Our target infrastructure is built around Docker, OpenStack and Kubernetes. Frequent exploration streams in combination with tech radars for Backend and Frontend allow us to evaluate and use new evolving technologies.
To increase our highly skilled and motivated team we are hiring a Fullstack Developer (f/m/d).
Your Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Create the technology future of online classifieds in a scalable, clean way
· Improve our applications and APIs to become better each day
· Ensure code quality and maintainability by improving build and test systems
· Drive your own ideas for code and process improvement and achieve the next level together with the team, be involved in the whole development lifecycle from architecture to QA and deployment
Your Skill Profile:
· Passion for clean code and an eye for simplicity and pragmatism
· Knowledge around HTML 5/CSS 3 and relevant frameworks
· Get up to speed with new systems and concepts easily
· Believer in team work and a DevOps mindset
· First experience with Continuous Delivery, Jenkins, Git and Maven
· Experience in manual testing and test automation (e.g. JUnit, Selenium, REST-assured)
· Exposure to one or more storage technologies (SQL, Cassandra, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Solr)
· A family friendly company
· Challenging work with a diverse, highly skilled and humorous team
· High team autonomy and agile environment
· Challenging work with a diverse and highly skilled team
· The chance to work closely with other teams across eBay; in Europe, the USA, and globally
· International career opportunities throughout eBay
· Competitive salary, home office possibilities and great benefits, e.g. conference & education budget (language courses, soft skill training and mentoring), company pension scheme, employee stock plans, mobile phone for business and personal use, latest MacBook Pro, Notebook, PC - you name it
· Homemade waffles, free fruit, vegetables and sweets
· A great campus in Dreilinden/Berlin, with fitness center (yoga, pilates, cycling), table soccer, bike rental, coffee bar, canteen and shuttle-service from S-Bahn Wannsee.
15 Albert-Einstein-Ring Kleinmachnow, DE
By clicking apply you will leave devsnap. Please be careful. You should never have to pay to apply.