Job type: Full-time
Role: Full Stack Developer
agile, amazon-web-services, java
· Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related discipline, or 5+ years of relevant work experience.
· 4+ years’ experience in software development building successful production software systems.
· Experience developing software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
· Experience with modern object-oriented programming languages such as Java, Ruby, or C#, preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform.
· Proven ability to work in a fast paced, agile environment and in an ownership and results-oriented culture.
· Master's degree or relevant work experience.
· Strong demonstrated skills implementing and deploying high volume and highly scalable services.
· Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing.
· Strong skills and experience with programming, design, and architecture, and familiarity/experience with AWS and other cloud technologies.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and describe product strategy, technical designs, and software product features.
· Experience in full stack development ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems.
· Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
If you are currently enrolled in or have graduated from a Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D. program in the past 6 months, your background aligns more closely with our Student Programs openings. To learn more about our Student Programs and search for internships and full-time opportunities please visit this site: http://www.amazon.jobs/en/business_categories/student-programs
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
1955 Lakeway Drive Lewisville, US