Job type: Full-time
Role: Product Manager
Position: Technical Project Manager
Location: Austin, TX
*****Note : PMP Certification should be must*******
The Technical Project Manager is responsible for managing the full lifecycle of an enterprise software development project, including design, development, UAT and deployment. This individual is accountable for the on-time and on-budget delivery of a single project or group of projects ranging from $500K - $2 million each in value on average. This position requires client facing enterprise software implementation and data conversion experience on complex projects, ideally in a Java environment. As well, the candidate must have demonstrated knowledge of pre-paid or government benefits card programs such as payment card services programs for government clients (government benefit programs such as EBT, WIC, Unemployment Insurance, or electronic Time and Attendance Systems a plus) or closely related program/industry. Other commercial/private market experience with pre-paid cards is highly preferred.
As a technical Project Manager, this role will be responsible for ensuring key activities are completed such as architecture reviews and that we are following Best Practices/PMO requirements management, development and infrastructure standards as well as client contractual SLA’s/financial impacts and RFP/Proposal requirements. An understanding of the technical domain is crucial to ensure the team is on the right path to meet delivery goals. As the technical PM you may make technical and/or project recommendations on any course corrections necessary, helping address the issues, helping with mitigation strategies, and/or help the PM or Product manager do forward and near term strategy planning. The Technical PM is responsible for escalating roadblocks and managing a tight schedule. Issues should be addressed timely as well as how to identify warning signs and mitigate occurrences in the future.
- Dotted line management of technical implementation teams of 5-15 Business Analysts, Developer, Testing and DBA’s including ownership of project health and management of risks, issues, delivery and project/tasks completion
- Develop and execute project work plan according to project scope, deadlines, client needs and resource availability for multiple simultaneous projects.
- Oversee and Monitor project team activities and drive resolution of delays or technical issues
- Ensure team is committed and accountable.
- Work with resource managers and PMO as needed for resource or change mgmt. needs
- Manage internal status meetings, gathering/understanding customer requests with the Business Program Mangers or internal teams
- Provide timely and effective scorecard RYG and issue status reporting into the PDSI (Platform Development and Systems Integration) PMO
- Manage customer’s expectations with the Business PM and establish the project team’s expectations by defining and gaining concurrence on scope and role responsibilities.
- May coach, train, and evaluate teams.
- Understands the triple constraint of scope/schedule/cost and can drive the scope change business need and priority discussions with Business PM and client as needed
- Ensure consistent and seamless project delivery and status/impacts with the client PM
- Bachelor’s degree Required, Master’s degree preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- PMP certification required.
- 7+ years of technical project management experience.
- Enterprise software project management experience.
- Self-starter who can dive in to complex projects and take it forward with minimal supervision.
- Proficient with productivity tools: MS Office, Project, Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Must be process oriented and have strong organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide competent and proactive leadership.
- Ability to establish cross-functional, collaborative relationships with business and technology partners.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.