Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
sysadmin, c#, sql-server
Duration: 6 month contract to hire (long term position that will eventually convert to direct)
· Location: KBR Tower (Houston, TX)
· Start Date: ASAP
· FLSA – Exempt
SPF (SmartPlant Foundation) Support Analyst and Administrator
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Monitor the production application environments taking such action as may be necessary to ensure maximum availability and correct operational issues related to the Engineering Data Integration suite of applications.
2. Provide second-line (intermediate skill set required) and third-line (advanced skill set required) support for a suite of Engineering data repository and reporting, data consistency checking, integrating multiple source systems via attribute mapping, setup and monitoring and see through the operational effectiveness of project life cycle from application support perspective.
3. Participate in the development of new custom applications used to support the standard applications.
4. Participate in the initiatives undertaken by the global Engineering Systems team.
5. Develop knowledge and expertise in unfamiliar topics relevant to the needs of the Engineering Information management team.
6. Responsible for developing and maintaining application systems architecture, interfaces and technical documentation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
Required education, skills and experience:
· Undergraduate degree in any Engineering discipline, Computer Science or a related field.
· Skills are typically acquired through an undergraduate degree in any Engineering discipline, Computer Science, Information Technology or a minimum of 5 years related experience, with average experience of 6-10 years.
· A good knowledge of Intergraph SmartPlant Foundation (SPF) and Intergraph SmartPlant for Owner Operators (SPO) used for integrated data management
· A good knowledge of SmartPlant EFSchema configuration and Management
· A good knowledge of SPF Authoring Module, List Edit, Reporting, and Datasheet functionalities
· Experience integrating SmartPlant Foundation with other SmartPlant tools including SmartPlant P&ID, SmartPlant Instrumentation, SmartPlant Electrical and Smart 3D
· Experience configuring SPF/SPO Consolidated Data Warehouse(CDW) Schema, SPO Core, Handover, and VTL Modules
· Experience in requirements analysis, design, configuration/development, unit testing and support of Engineering IT applications and in particular SPF and SPO
· A good knowledge of data processing including technical knowledge of IT hardware, software, networks, and Oracle or SQL Server database technology
· Working knowledge of Multi-tier Application Environment, Windows Server, IIS, and XML/XSLT Technology
· Ability to work independently and keep team management adequately informed
· Must be well organized, able to handle multiple tasks, have excellent written and oral communication skills, and demonstrate an eagerness to learn and provide superior customer service
· Hands-on experience and understanding of engineering information management technologies and methodologies in a Petrochemical, Oil and Gas, Engineering & Construction industry
· Successful completion of the Intergraph-provided SmartPlant Foundation Administrator training courses
· Hands-on experience with programming languages such as VB, VBA, C# and .NET
· Experience with Configuration/Code Management tools like Team Foundation Server
· Knowledge of handling vendor data within SPF/SPO
· Knowledge of using SPF as Document Management
· Understanding of Intergraph's SmartPlant Enterprise tools and strategy as well as similar offerings from Aveva including Aveva Engineering and E3D.Skills: Must have proficient computer skills specifically in excel and word, Adobe and SAP experience is a plus but not necessary
Summary of job description (to include but not limited):
· Preparing Bidder’s Lists
· Preparing Requests for Proposals
· Assist with reviewing vendors proposals for completeness
· Creating bid tabulations (comparing bid pricing for evaluation)
· Redacting vendor proposals
· Bundling documents and distributing for reviews and approvals
· Invoice reviews
All tasks will be done under the guidance of a seasoned SCA and/or supervisor and manager. Procurement and Subcontract experience is a plus as is government contracting experience – however not required.