Job type: Full-time
cloud, linux, docker
The DevOps Tool Chain Architect will be part of the cloud infrastructure team and enable the application development teams in architecting, developing, and re-engineering applications with containerization and cloud forward technologies.
Our cloud infrastructure team is determined to enable the application development teams to succeed. Our team collaborates across the entire Daimler organization to bring the right solution to our customers and drive innovation.
· Collaborate with Business teams, IT teams (application development teams, infrastructure teams, etc.), throughout the lifecycle of applications and services (inception and design, development, deployment, operations and refinement)
· Design, build, and optimize applications' containerization and orchestration with Docker and Kubernetes
· Automate applications and infrastructure deployments on private and public cloud (Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes)
· Assist in the design and building of a fully automated self-service platform that could work in a public cloud environment
· Be a Subject Matter Expert on DevOps best practices, CI/CD and Configuration Management
· Produce automation scripts to integrate between services and increase efficiency
· Developing proof of concepts and proposing solutions to architecture and tech leads
· Maintain awareness of industry best practices and the latest tools
Bachelor’s Degree (accredited school) or equivalent work experience in:
· Computer/Information Science
Must have 4 years (total) of experience in the following:
· Infrastructure and Operations Specialist in Customer-facing roles.
Must have 3 years (total) of experience in the following:
· Public Cloud (Must have a minimum of 1 Associate Public Cloud (Azure/AWS) Certificate)
· Infrastructure Automation (Terraform) and Configuration Management (Ansible Preferred)
· Linux Administration
· Experience with continuous integration tools and continuous delivery pipeline (e.g. Jenkins, Jfrog, Artifactory, Sonarcube, and Checkmarx)
· Strong scripting skills (e.g. Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
· Containerization Automation and Administration (Docker/Kubernetes)
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
· Agile software development expert
· Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems.
· Experience in IT security standards
· No Visa Sponsorship / Visa Transfer Available
· Must be able to work flexible hours/work schedule
· Travel internationally/domestically
· Work Holidays/Weekends when required
· Work weekends when required
Mercedes-Benz USA is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that appreciates and leverages the diversity of our team. We provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender, age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, physical or other disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.