Job type: Full-time
Role: Database Administrator
python, sql, r
Sr. Software (Data) Engineer
Our client is currently seeking a Software Engineer (Python, SQL) for a media conglomerate. This client is a leader in their industry and brings the trends and advertisements to customers by working on a compressed design cycle and dropping 100+ styles each month.
· Reports directly to the Lead Engineer in New York.
· Define technical standards and drive the architectural and engineering vision in a very dynamic environment.
· Translate business needs into live features
· Partner directly with business owners who recognize the value of technology.
· You will have a strong voice in product and ownership over coding, QA, and production support.
· The ideal candidate has experience developing and supporting a wide range of software systems
· Quantitative, analytical, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
· 4+ years of hands-on development in Python and SQL
· Solid understanding of internet technologies and protocols
· Experience developing API’s and web services in a Unix environment
· Analytical thinking and problem solving.
· Proficient with back-end database work specifically with MySQL
· Professional ETL experience
· Design, develop, test, and maintain software and database systems which support the Ad-Sales platform
· Design solutions and technical specifications including automated frameworks.
· Work with business users and the marketing department to ensure understanding of business process and proper implementation in software
· Ensure software follows best practices from a coding, testing and performance perspective
· Create Management Methods and Systems to access efficiently to information stored in database.
“NICE TO HAVE” QUALIFICATIONS
· Amazon Elasticsearch
· Data Analysis: SciPy, R, Tableau