Job type: Full-time
Role: Database Administrator
oracle, sql, unix
We are seeking a Tech Development Analyst for an exciting opportunity with a Enterprise level organization in Miami, Florida. The ideal candidate will possess some, or all, of the qualifications below.
Scope of work:
The Senior Technical Analyst leads support of the team's Oracle database, Oracle and SQL Server jobs and reporting. This position directs development of new coding projects and improvements in database administration and serves as lead conduit with the IT department. Provides performance feedback on team analysts' productivity and development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Lead development, implementation and support of revenue management systems, Business Intelligence reporting and user tools. Drive efficiency improvements and technical improvements to our PL/SQL jobs and systems.
2. Lead technical initiatives, determining user requirements and business needs to develop new reporting, while incorporating understanding of the business and our current systems. Think creatively and holistically to not only meet business objectives, but also to gain additional benefits in job and system enhancements.
3. Work closely with the Revenue Management teams to understand their business challenges and objectives and identify opportunities to develop potential business improvements, revenue opportunity and efficiency gains. Initiate projects to leverage these opportunities, overseeing the development, implementation and support of such projects, from requirements gathering, to development strategy, testing and implementation.
4. Respond to ad-hoc data and analysis needs while supporting various projects. Conduct analyses of business data, evaluate trends and pattern changes, and learn to disperse results in a format appropriate for the audience.
5. Create new queries or code to develop the data or report and work with teams to make sure the report provides relevant, actionable Revenue Management-related information in the most effective format and medium
6. Continuously search for potential business improvements, revenue opportunity and efficiency gains.
7. Own production tools or processes and serve as department and company Subject Matter Expert for those tools.
8. Serve as IT liaison, working with Oracle and DB2 administrators to provide support for our jobs, IT projects and continuing business objectives.
Strong systems, quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills required.
Demonstrated ability to develop and implement applications using a programming language.
Previous experience in successfully implementing system enhancements and decision-making tools preferred.
PL/SQL and Oracle database experience required. Experience in SAS, .NET and UNIX desired.
A facility in picking up new languages or platforms and leveraging them to improve or develop reports or processes.
Experience in supporting and interpreting reporting using Access or Business Intelligence tools (Hyperion experience a plus).
Ability to interpret analytical results into meaningful business terms and translate business needs to programming and data modeling.
Demonstrated ownership of projects and work, tenacity in following through on details and exploring remaining implications.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to business and technical audiences in both spoken and written formats.
Master's degree in MIS, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, or Statistics preferred.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university required (in MIS, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering or Statistics helpful).
3+ years of work experience in related field preferred.
Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.