Compensation: $50k - 60k
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level
Role: Mobile Developer
android, java, xml, gradle
Lunchbox Technologies Inc is looking for a talented self starting Android developer to join NYC’s newest restaurant ordering enterprise. Lunchbox is a SaaS platform which specializes in building out Mobile, Web and Kiosk ordering and loyalty solutions for restaurant groups.
As a member of a growing startup you will be working very closely with each team member to execute any Android related development and upkeep.
What You Can Expect From Us
How Things Are Now:
- An existing backend which is integrated with Toast POS (Point-of-Sale) and Square for payment processing.
- iOS and Android apps are connected to the existing backend
- Admin panel is an internal-facing tool for making remote changes to content fed-to and derived-from the app.
What Is In Progress:
- Working on a rewrite of the current backend to allow for more scalability and ease when implementing different partner integrations.
- Updating the admin panel to be an external-facing product rather than an internal management tool.
- Moving mobile app styling to be configurable by admin panel, as well an iterating with new app functionality based on growing platform partnerships.
What We Expect From You:
- We're looking for people like us, that's what the initial 30 day trial period is for. You learn about us, we learn about you, and if it doesn't work out, you still got compensated along the way.
- To be a role leader and engineering wizard who can ask the right questions from all teams to prevent mission critical errors
- A laid back personality that can strap and execute under pressure while taking all criticism in stride
- Be an amazing team player
- An amazing entertainer at parties regardless of alcohol being involved or not
- A solid understanding of developing Android applications using Java and XML
- Comfortable with Retrofit, GSON, and Android DataBinding libraries
- Familiar with using Gradle build types, flavors, and variables
- Experienced with JSON
- Building and maintaining a multi-client Android platform
- Writing code that scales easily to a different client with personalized branding requirements
- Working closely with iOS and Backend team to develop features that match (or better yet, exceed) expectations
Java, XML, Gradle, JSON, Google Play Developer Console,