Job type: Full-time
vb.net, sql, machine-learning
As used in this document, “Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory” means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP. Please see http://www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and get the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize everything from your career path to your educational opportunities to your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients’ will be heard.
Visit http://www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits, and opportunities.
Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP (DTBA) advises clients on managing business controversy and conflict, executing deals, and maintaining regulatory compliance. We provide services to companies throughout their lifecycle from purchasing a company to investigating potential fraud.
AML Analytics is a fast-growth practice within Deloitte Regulatory that centers around several of the hottest areas of business today – analytics, forensic analysis, and litigation support – and the specialized skills that make careers in these areas both fascinating and in high-demand. Our Analytics team makes extensive use of data, statistical and quantitative analysis, rules-based methods, and explanatory and predictive modeling to bring insights to client issues in the forensic and transaction domains. We work with Deloitte specialists in many areas, and we apply our solutions to a wide range of highly interesting and complex corporate events, such as forensic investigations, anti-corruption compliance, restructuring, valuation, anti-money laundering compliance, and construction management, to explain what has occurred in the past and to support informed decision making for the future. Our work increasingly employs specialized competencies, such as advanced analytics, visualization, and geospatial techniques.
* Data Analytics: This involves strategic analysis of structured (e.g. transactional) and unstructured (e.g. text) electronic data, from initial data scoping and collection through transformation and validation, for purposes of deep data analysis and mining. This analysis is performed as the basis for larger efforts that include rules- and indicator-based testing, inductive reasoning, and visualization techniques. These methods are used to identify, deter, and prevent fraud schemes and scenarios, develop models that depict or describe historical events, and build predictive models for future anti-fraud and anti-corruption efforts. Analytical methods are also commonly used to mine and develop insights into large volumes of data to help navigate intricate legal processes and identify areas of opportunity for business process improvement. Additionally, analytics is often used to assist troubled companies in peer analysis, quantifying opportunity cost, and discerning areas of strategic improvement.
* Application Development: From standalone tools to enterprise web applications, we leverage a modern proprietary services-based development platform and agile methodology to assist clients with processing data, presenting findings, and documenting decisions. We serve both external clients and internal clients with a focus on enhancing existing products and service offerings
Examples of areas in which AML Analytics has delivered value to clients include:
* Enhancing a transaction-monitoring program for a financial services client by assisting them in the development of a methodology to analyze, test, and tune various detection scenarios, and assisting them in deploying that methodology.
* Delivering an analytics solution that created a predictive coding model to assist a financial services client with identifying and categorizing an enormous volume of privileged and non- privileged documents related to a large bankruptcy case.
* Helping to resolve a royalty distribution dispute in the client's favor by developing and articulating an economic model that showed how to determine the relative market value of the copyrighted content.
Our dedicated Deloitte professionals bring vast experience, specialized skill sets and deep industry knowledge to our clients. This personalized level of service, combined with the market reach and technical resources of the Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) member firms and their affiliates, enables us to respond to the complex and diverse needs of our clients around the world.
Enhancing a transaction-monitoring program for a financial services client by assisting them in the development of a methodology to analyze, test, and tune various detection scenarios, and assisting them in deploying that methodology.
Delivering an analytics solution that created a predictive coding model to assist a financial services client with identifying and categorizing an enormous volume of privileged and non- privileged documents related to a large bankruptcy case.
Helping to resolve a royalty distribution dispute in the client's favor by developing and articulating an economic model that showed how to determine the relative market value of the copyrighted content.Senior associates are professionals with a high degree of academic and professional achievement who have demonstrated the capacity and desire for continuous growth and development. Specialists at this level will be expected to query and mine large data sets to discover transaction patterns, examine financial data and filter for targeted information using traditional (SQL Server 2012, Oracle 11.2, Microsoft Access, etc..) as well as advanced visual (Tableau, QlikView, etc..) and predictive analytic methodologies (SAS, neural networks, machine learning, etc…) and software packages. Senior associates will usually work with a manager to design and develop user defined application modules, perform data quality control, develop database reports and user interfaces, and normalize relational data.
Senior consultants may work on multiple project work streams, small engagement teams or as part of large, complex engagements. The projects involve detailed data analysis for developing meaningful insights to address regulatory and business challenges across industries. These challenges include helping clients address serious business concerns involving fraud, forensic investigations, litigation, and reorganization. We also advise businesses on valuation issues and other matters (e.g., FCPA, Anti-Money Laundering) to help them remain compliant in today's rigorous regulatory environment.
Typically, Deloitte senior consultants will work on projects that will allow them to collaborate with attorneys, forensic accountants, clients, and other investigators. As part of these projects, you’ll be provided the opportunity to demonstrate your technical, project management and leadership skills in an environment that provides for outstanding growth and advancement. Senior consultants will also be looked upon to supervise, lead, and train junior associates in the aforementioned activities. Project teams either work onsite with the client team or from a Deloitte office. Either location may necessitate regular travel and requires flexibility with the significant travel requirements of client service projects.
As a senior consultant you will be asked to make significant contributions in a relatively short time frame, take responsibility for the way you manage your time, develop your skill set, and assist In the delivery of innovative solutions to the client. Your career success is dependent on your ability to personalize your career path and identify and grow your internal and external network. We don’t expect you to do this alone - our environment provides multiple opportunities for you to further develop your skills through our training curriculum and mentoring programs.
Sr. Consultant Responsibilities
Engagements include a wide variety of solutions, tailored to the client’s need, and are often performed in conjunction with industry and subject matter experts from throughout Deloitte. Responsibilities typical of a senior associate on one of these projects could include:
* Create, manage, and utilize high performance relational databases (SQL Server 20012 Oracle 11.2g, Microsoft Access, OLAP and other proprietary software)
* Query and mine large data sets to discover transaction patterns, examine financial data and filter for targeted information - using traditional as well as predictive/advanced analytic methodologies
* Design and development of user-defined application modules (standard and web-based), perform data quality control, develop database reports and user interfaces, and normalize relational data
* Supervise, lead, and train junior associates in the aforementioned activities
* Provide input with respect to practice technology initiatives and investments
* Assist in preparing and presenting complex written and verbal materials (reports, findings and presentations)
Preferred QualificationsIn addition to the above qualifications,