Job type: Full-time
Role: Database Administrator
oracle, cloud, web-services
Role: Senior DBA
Business Area: Cloud Infrastructure Services – Cloud Projects and Consulting
Reporting to: Cloud Director
Working Pattern : Full Time
About Capgemini :
Now with 220,000 people in over 40 countries, Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. The Group reported 2014 global revenues of EUR 10.57 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
About Infrastructure Services :
The Cloud Infrastructure Services Business Unit is Cagemini’s consulting, infrastructure build, migrate and run capabilities with the provisioning and support of cloud based services. With EUR 1.5 billion annual revenue, Cloud Infra Services provides infrastructure outsourcing services, including data centre, helpdesk and network support, as well as providing service integration and service maintenance support. Other services include infrastructure transformation services, helping clients consolidate and migrate workloads and entire datacentres. Cloud Infra Services also help clients virtualize and optimise their IT estates. As part of the integrated cloud offering from Capgemini, Cloud Infrastructure Services delivers a broad range of cloud service under Cloud Choice to build and support the hybrid cloud estate encompassing the leading public cloud players and leading private cloud technologies.
Essential skills, knowledge & experience:
Minimum 10+ years of DBA experience (Oracle, DB2, SQL) with minimum 5 years operational experience in Exadata.
• Minimum 2 years in working with Oracle 12c.
• At least One - End to end support of Migration from Oracle RAC to Exadata experience.
• Experience in backup and recovery using RMAN.
• Experience with upgrade from 9i/10g to 12c.
• Comfortable working in fast-paced environment to tight deadlines with little supervision.
• Strong written communications and documentation experience.
• Ability to Communicate and Distill information based on Audience - Technical / Non- Technical and Executive Leadership
• Certification: Oracle Certified DBA, Oracle Exadata Administrator
• SQL Tuning. Ability to use Exadata features like HCC, Small Scan, Storage Indexes on poorly performing SQLs
• Experience in setting up DR using Data Guard
• Experience in migrating from Disparate Operating Systems to Exadata
• Expertise in Oracle Enterprise Manager
• Expertise in Oracle ZFS usage across Exadata Boxes
• Experience in debugging the issues related to Storage, Network and OS configuration related to Database Environment
C: Degrees, certifications/training: Certification: Oracle Certified DBA, Oracle Exadata Administrator
D: Industry expertise: 10 years Oracle DBA experience including 5 years Exadata experience