Job type: Full-time
Senior Cloud Architect – Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Sr. Manager
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte’s Information Technology Services (ITS). We are insatiably curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you’ll do
Deloitte Cloud Services reports to the office of the Deputy CIO of Technology and is responsible for delivering cloud solutions which accelerate the delivery of both revenue-generating and internal applications. Deloitte Cloud Services supports software development efforts and provides best practices which streamline and fully automate the release management pipeline.
As a Senior Cloud Architect you will drive the design and delivery of world-class cloud solutions based on the GCP platform for the office of the Deputy CIO of Technology, providing expertise on cloud infrastructure services. This includes taking a lead role in the cloud architecture and engineering practice. You will be challenged to find approaches that enable rapid adoption of new cloud services and drive transformation for our business and IT processes.
Your responsibilities include partnering with business-lead development teams and successfully leading the design of cloud solutions. You will be challenged to find approaches that enable rapid adoption of new cloud services, drive transformation, and transform IT.
* Define the GCP Cloud Architecture for both hybrid and non-hybrid cloud solution.
* Be the go to person for GCP Cloud Architecture. You should have a deep understanding of IaaS and PaaS services offered on cloud platforms and understand how to use them together to build complex solutions.
* Ensure that all cloud solutions follow security and compliance controls.
* Participate in the establishment on an automated DevOps release management pipeline which delivers tooling for next generation application development efforts (the Dev) and on-going production operations (the Ops). Cultivate a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery mind set.
* Ensure development teams are provided a full set of DevOps ALM tools by leading the establishment of the right tooling and processes that will result in a fully automated release management pipeline to include: the Automated build process, environment setups, testing scripts, deployments, and production operational metrics/debugging information (to target developers).
* Partner with development and operations teams to develop practical automation solutions and custom modules. Troubleshoot automation issues and find practical solutions that move projects forward in a timely manner.
* Be a trusted automation and tooling advisor for DevOps initiatives by providing objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights and advice.
* Plan, organize, and control multiple responsibilities to achieve project objectives; technically guide projects through to completion. Ensure deliverables are completed within target timeframes and are consistently of high-quality.
* Work with teams to bring continuous improvement to ALM processes and tools. Develop and own KPIs to ensure performance is measured against expected business outcomes.
* Certifications (Desired): Google Professional Cloud Architect; Google Professional Data Engineer; Google Professional Cloud Developer
After hours on-call support occasionally required.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte’s success. ITS is the engine that helps to drive Deloitte, which serves many of the world’s largest organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~2,200 professionals in ITS deliver services internally including:
* Cyber security
* Technology support
* Technology & Infrastructure
* Application development and management
* Relationship management group
For more information on ITS, you can visit our dedicated recruitment page at https://usrecruiting.deloitte.com/-its-recruiting-for-experienced-hires.
Technology & Infrastructure
The Technology and Infrastructure Organization works together to transform how ITS deploys technologies and services to meet the dynamic needs of Deloitte professionals and help increase their productivity.