Job type: Full-time
Role: Full Stack Developer
.net, soap, rest
Application Architect - .NET Solutions
Location: Hermitage/Nashville, TN
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte’s Information Technology Services (ITS). We are insatiably curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you’ll do
We are currently looking for a passionate, innovative, results-oriented technology leader with heart-deep commitment to success to be a part of our Technology Delivery Studio. This role requires architecture design leadership for various lines of business and enterprise applications for custom web solutions and 3^rd party vendor products. Responsible for web application architecture, service architecture, and technical design for high performance and scalability in a distributed, multi-tier and cross-platform mobile environment. This role requires extensive experience in architecting and deploying web-based and web-enabled business applications, and must possess hands-on experience in coding, deploying distributed architectures and platforms, creating benchmark tests, designing for scalability and performance, and implementing large-scale vendor systems.
* Providing technical and architectural leadership for Microsoft .NET web applications.
* Creating project and application architecture deliverables that are consistent with architecture principles, standards, methodologies, and best practices.
* Responsible for defining technical evaluation criteria for product and technology selection and determining technical approaches to ensure all architectural solutions result in a coherent systems design.
* Leading technical design sessions with the development teams, including the creation of class models, sequence diagrams, component models, etc., and detailed design specifications to ensuring that architecture standards are followed.
* Applied research and development, prototyping, and vendor evaluations
* Providing expert knowledge of mobile application architecture to business and technology teams and facilitate the collaborative development of the technology strategy, technology standards, roadmaps, and practices.
* Providing support / guidance to the development teams during the analysis, development, and testing processes.
* Working with business clients and product owners to review business drivers, needs, and strategies to anticipate future business / technology needs.
* Reviewing and approving 3rd party and integration solution architecture based on established enterprise application strategy.
* Communicating implications of architectural decisions, technology costs, benefits, and implementation requirements to business and IT Leadership.
* Defining and validating non-functional (technical) requirements, and establishing traceability between requirements and application architecture/design.
* Providing input to the development of project initiation documents including objectives, scope, approach, estimates, and deliverables, when needed.
* Working closely with Performance Engineering and our Web/Infrastructure Technology teams on defining the deployment architecture.
* Participating, and technically leading when needed, production troubleshooting and ‘War Room’ Activities.
* Staying abreast of changes in vendor landscape, and providing guidance around DAS’ long term vendor strategy towards mobile application development.
* Instilling a culture of execution, operational excellence, and accountability.
* Seeking and capitalizing on the opportunities to improve productivity, improving time-to-market, improving solutions quality, and improving cost effectiveness.
* Anticipating barriers to change and creating opportunities to remove them.
* Creating a culture that is based on knowledge sharing and learning from best practices.
* Exhibiting high level of professional flexibility and volunteering innovation and new ideas.
* Mentoring technical leads and developers.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte’s success. ITS is the engine that helps to drive Deloitte, which serves many of the world’s largest organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~2,200 professionals in ITS deliver services internally including:
· Cyber security
· Technology support
· Technology & Infrastructure
· Application development and management
· Relationship management group
For more information on ITS, you can visit our dedicated recruitment page at https://usrecruiting.deloitte.com/-its-recruiting-for-experienced-hires.
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS) is the internal software and applications development team responsible for delivering leading-edge technologies to Deloitte professionals. Their broad portfolio includes web and mobile productivity tools that empower our people to log expenses, enter timesheets, book travel and more, anywhere, anytime. DAS enables our client service professionals through a comprehensive suite of applications across the business lines. In addition to application delivery, DAS offers full-scale design services, a robust mobile portfolio, cutting-edge analytics, and innovative custom development.
Experience with the following Technologies/Methodologies required: