Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
amazon-web-services, security, sysadmin
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
In this role, you will be responsible for the architecture, engineering, reporting, and building solutions to address vulnerability management challenges across the Comcast enterprise.
What you will do:
- Scripting/Coding to develop repeatable solutions that scale. Incumbent will spend "60% of time writing code.
- Create system architecture, design, and specification within vulnerability management projects and initiatives. Uses in-depth engineering skills and knowledge to solve difficult development problems and achieve engineering goals and protect the enterprise
- Develop solutions to address Company business objectives and vulnerability management objectives.
- Document results of applied work processes and practical application of technical standards. Reports results to management.
- Utilize resources to solve moderate development problems and recommends new resources to management.
- Innovate new solutions to help business and technical stakeholders efficiency and effectiveness vulnerability management
What you should possess:
- Strong knowledge of:
- Vulnerability management concepts and solutions using tools such as Active Directory, SCCM/WSUS, JAMF, Ansible, AWS Systems/Patch Manager, etc.
- AWS (Amazon Web Services), OpenStack, Azure, or other cloud platforms and related technologies
- Scripting and automation practices
- Data analytics including using databases, or data warehouse technologies.
- Best practices for patch and vulnerability management
- Relevant industry standards including NIST and CVE
- Experience and proficiency with:
- Automating manual work
- Innovating solutions to hard problems
- Hardening systems to minimize security attack surface
- Ability to:
- Succeed in a fast-moving environment
- Quickly assimilate new concepts and learn new technologies
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with a range of people including engineers, executives, consultants and vendors
What success looks like:
- Solutions are developed that reduce the effort across the Comcast enterprise to manage and remediate vulnerabilities
- Automation has reduced the manual workload related to vulnerability management across Comcast
- Velocity for “time to fix” a vulnerability is continually improving
What You Can Expect:
- A cool and casual work environment with opportunities to showcase your skills
- A culture of innovation and continuous learning
- Training, support, and mentoring to expand and evolve your expertise
- Opportunities to impact the security of Comcast products in millions of homes and businesses
- Because attackers never sleep, work may be required after normal business hours
What we require:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Information Security, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of experience in patching multiple platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac OS, VMWare, AWS, etc.)
- Experience with patch and vulnerability management
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer