Job type: Full-time
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit http://www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: http://www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Technology & Operations
BlackRock is one of the world’s most distinguished asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Reporting & Distribution Services (RDS) is accountable for all aspects of our clients’ reporting experience, including the provision of market leading client reporting and effective client query management. This position is located in Wilmington, Delaware and reports to the Americas CR Services Director in Wilmington. Responsibilities include successful delivery of critical functions on a daily basis, providing guidance and development to service staff, and partnering with global colleagues to create and advance a globally aligned vision and business model.
• Deliver a superior client experience via front-line client service to clients and related third parties, including fielding and responding to client queries and the creation of accurate and meaningful ad hoc reports
• Analyze trends in queries to constantly improve service and client deliverables
• Understand flow of client, market and fund information across BlackRock and external data providers
• Configure new client deliverables, maximizing the use of existing processes and tools
• Facilitate bespoke report creation through analyzing and researching client, market and fund data and related information
• Oversee and ensure timely and accurate distribution of all deliverables, proactively communicating potential delays to clients
• Constantly evaluate systems, processes and procedures for inefficiencies and make recommendations for improvement
• Support various projects, including automation/standardization efforts and the evolution of standard deliverables
• Understand the risk environment within the department – promote risk awareness, assessment and control
• BS/BA in business, finance, accounting, economics, or related field. MBA or CFA welcomed.
• Keen interest in investment products and a preference of 3-6 years of financial services experience, especially investment management, communications or data visualization
• Outstanding client service skills, maturity and judgment in dealing directly with clientele
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are essential
• Outstanding work ethic and willingness to contribute beyond the scope of one’s role to achieve team and firm objectives
• Excellent attention to detail, extremely accurate and well organized
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to synthesize information, summarize issues and think outside the box
• Sharp control/risk mitigation mentality with ability to know when to escalate issues
• Ability to operate effectively under tight deadlines and to prioritize work with strong emphasis on time management
• Able to exercise sound judgment and to appropriately document conclusions
• Ability and desire to work in a team environment; willingness to ask questions but also to learn independently
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and an aptitude for learning new applications
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.