Job Title: Senior Specialist - BODS / Migration support
Job Location: Bangalore
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Maintain, support, and troubleshoot regional/global Qlik systems as required. * Maintain, support, and troubleshoot regional/global Migration systems (BODS) as required. * Troubleshoot and correct complex technical and functional issues/bugs in QlikView and BODS. * Provide established level of service and support of Qlik/BODS to ensure minimal business disruption. * Understand and analyze business requirements. * Using Qlik, BODS and MDG, design and develop dashboards and other solutions involving data. * Experience developing in QlikView (11 and above) and QlikSense (1.0 and above)
Latest BODS version
* Lead the effort to improve development practices and ensure consistency in designs. * Communicate and coordinate development with other technical teams. * Optimize performance and efficiency of all BI solutions. * Communicate project status and support project managers.
Qualification, Skills & Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline required. * 1-5 years' experience in data-related systems development required. * Previous experience in QlikView and other analytical/presentation tools required. * 3+ years' experience with Qlik Software (QlikView or Qlik Sense) required.
Essential and Critical Skills
* Expert level knowledge and skills in Data Modeling at an enterprise level required. * Programming skills in Qlik Software scripting required. * ETL -knowledge * BODS deep understanding of technical setup * Skilled in Data Visualization and Dashboard development required. * Development of info-cubes, custom extractors, process chains and info-providers * required. * Ability to transform business function requirements into technical designs required. * Ability to code, unit test, and debug Qlik Software solutions required. * Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills required. * Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills to evaluate complex
business reporting requirements required.
* Ability to lead in a cross-functional, matrix team environment and integrate activities * with other teams within IT to ensure successful implementation and support of * project efforts required. * Knowledge of a variety of data sources (SQL, flat files, spreadsheets, non-SQL data, * SAP, XML, Oracle,IMS, cloud sources like AWS) required. * Ability to work and manage a variety of tasks and work within an environment with * competing priorities required. * Project Management Must excel at activity and task management, status tracking and communication * ETL Experience with ELT/ETL tools * Hadoop Experience with Big Data Platforms / Hadoop system operations * Shell Scripting Ability to write shell scripts (preferred) * Programming Programming skills * SQL Must be familiar with SQL , ideally with Oracle databases * AWS General knowledge of AWS Stack (EC2, S3, EBS, ?) * VMWare General knowledge of VMWare infrastructure and capabilities * Network Network/Firewall/DNS knowhow * Infrastructure High availability setup, disaster recovery, backup and restore solutions, monitoring tools, repository management * Authorization Managing LDAP, Knowledge about Kerberos * Encryption Managing SSL Certificates * Process ITIL Knowledge, GXP compliance * Experience working in an agile team / SCRUM methodology * Languages Fluent English skills