Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
The AppleCare Field Service Diagnostics Engineering team is seeking candidates with strong Software Quality Assurance experience to validate Mac / iOS diagnostic and repair tools used in the field service channels. This position requires a passionate and self-motivated individual with QA experience, excellent cross-functional communication skills, flexibility, and the ability to adjust to rapid change.
- Create and execute well-structured, end-to-end test plans and test cases by working with developers and interpreting functional specification documents.
- Use bug-tracking software to report and prioritize issues; work with developers and team leads to understand and pursue issues to resolution.
- Provide project managers and team leads with timely and accurate QA status and progress during all project testing phases, including summarizing testing results at project conclusion.
- Collaborate with and provide support to developers, readiness, localization, and other cross-functional teams.
- Contribute to initiatives to improve the overall integration and QA process, such as identifying and closing gaps in testing coverage or inefficiencies in workflows.
- Execute and oversee all activities in a test plan to ensure that objectives are met.
Skills & requirements
- 4+ years of software QA experience or a related field.
- Possess a solid understanding of software testing and QA methodologies.
- Ability to extract user scenarios from software feature descriptions and requirements to translate them into effective test plans and cases.
- In-depth familiarity with operating and troubleshooting Apple hardware and software; take-apart and repair experience is a plus.
- Detail-oriented, highly motivated, and confident in managing and re-prioritizing daily tasks as needed.
- Curiosity and willingness to deep dive into technical areas as needed, and ability to summarize key points and author clear documentation.
- Exhibits strong written and verbal communication skills, and thrives in a dynamic, collaborative team environment.
- Intermediate knowledge of Unix-based systems and command-line tools for interfacing with tool, debugging, and automation; python or other scripting knowledge is a plus.
BA/BS degree in a related field, or equivalent work experience
1601 South De Anza Boulevard Cupertino, US
By clicking apply you will leave devsnap. Please be careful. You should never have to pay to apply.