The Software Developer for Apple iOS is a member of a team of software professionals responsible for the requirements, design, construction, integration, testing, verification and maintenance of the company Apple's iOS software.
The individual must be forward-thinking and share in a common vision of quality, integrity and efficiency.
II. Essential Duties & Responsibilities :
Software Design :
- Responsible to establish all possible options for designing and deriving the best solutions based on sound analytical judgment, team input and the customers best interest.
- Develop software according to functional and technical design specifications and maintain a - common sense- approach that serves to recognize potential design gaps and provide insight into closing them.
- Research on new technologies that push the boundaries and capabilities of design and provide insight on applying these to our product offerings.
- Accountable for optimization-focused design to ensure that all code is written with high-availability and high-impact; Accountable for efficiency-focused design that serves to ensure that all code is highly reusable and modular.
- Design push and pull data interfaces using the latest web and data sharing technologies integrated to a multitude of third party providers.
- Author technical design documentation that fully defines all application code and the underlying methodology for the design decisions made.
Maintenance and other roles :
- Assess, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures; Review code for potential performance issues, re-usability, and/or anomalies.
- Detail unit testing of code.
- Troubleshoot client problems both remotely and onsite.
- Research and identify cause of reported defects and issues.
- Develop patches and defect fixes.
- Perform and assist with quality assurance activities as needed.
- Participate in training and / or customer support activities as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
III. Technical skills :
- Strong OO design and programming skills in Objective-C
- Sound Knowledge of uploading iOS App onto the App store.
- Expert in developer tools, Memory management, performance tuning, unit testing and Continuous integration.
- Intimately familiar with iOS design patterns and coding conventions
- Expert understanding of networking, local data caching and multitasking in iOS.
- Good experience with 3rd party libraries and services.
- Upto speed with iOS7 changes and insights into iOS 8.
- Experience on web service integration (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML)
- Experience of development using web technologies
- Experience building web and native apps
- Experience using social media APIs
- Ads integration using a 3rd party ad server (DART)
- Using version control (e.g. SVN)
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills
IV. Competencies :
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following :
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive
- team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Analytical - Synthes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths and weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
V. Communication Skills :
- Verbal / Nonverbal - Convey easily and quickly any message; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens attentively and seeks clarification; Responds well to questions; Maintain professional nonverbal communication analogous to situation
- Written - Writes clearly and informatively with a high level of sophistication; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret complex written information.
- Presentation - Presents clearly and informatively, easily maintaining audience attention and responding to audience needs; Able to facilitate discussion, progress effectively, and manage audience as needed.
Interested candidates can send there updated resumes to Shashidhar@conversehr.com
Refer your friends, if any.., for the same position.
By clicking apply you will leave devsnap. Please be careful. You should never have to pay to apply.